Re: [News] Microsoft Betrays Another Partner (Phoenix Technologies), Which Embraces Linux

____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 12 March 2008 07:20 : \____

> [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:
>> Linonut wrote:
>>
>>> . . . Gulati confirmed that she was taking over as Microsoft's new
>>> app-platform head.
>>>
>>> Gulati was previously Director, Developer and Platform Evangelism
>>> Microsoft India.
>>>
>>> "Developer and Platform Evangelism".  Is this a church or a
>>> corporation?
>>
>> I was more interested in the fact that Microsoft seems to be slowly
>> becoming a wholly owned subsidiary of the country of India. Should we
>> expect see to the Vole's minions begging for alms on the streets of
>> Calcutta, whilst a turban-clad Sweaty takes his grease-gun up the Khyber
>> Pass, and Pearly plays with his snake?
>>

> India is vast, with a vast population, like China.  I think we can
> expect to see both India and China becoming far more globally
> influential in short order.

To be honest with you, I think it's only fair. There is nothing ethical about
imperialism.

Remember what the Bush skeptics say about the "small terrorists" and the "big
terrorists", who cannot identity themselves and scrutinise self misdeeds. It's
that same as the story about the 'pirate' in the dingy and the big colossal
boat filled with rich people... it all comes back to hypocrisy and
selfishness. But again, I'm drifting to off topic..

Proprietary, lockin-based tools lead to regrets. Doc(umen)tor, heal thyself.