Re: [News] [Rival] More Evidence of Microsoft Windows + Office as a 'Standard' in OOXML

Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in

> Fun with Microsoft OOXML
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Oha. So, it's another boolean flag and describes what the application
>| should do during editing (hint: it's a file-format and not a guide
>| how to implement the application itself). To be able to load+save
>| that flag and those PII thing, I would need to know now more details
>| what PII exactly is, where it's stored and how I am able to load it.
>| But at none of the 7000 pages are any details about this Sad Fine,
>| only Microsoft knows...
> `----
>
> http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3322

The developer misunderstands the meaning of the attribute. It is simply a
flag to set whenever an application has cleaned a document for personally
identifiable information (PII). It is only a help and not an assurance that
it has happened. If the flag was not there, the application would have to
traverse the entire document to check for PII - but now it only needs to
check this flag.

As the specification says: (from the article)

"If this flag is set, the application warns the user any time the user
performs do an action that will insert PII into the document. For example,
inserting a comment might inserts the user's name."

:o)

--
Jesper Lund Stocholm
http://idippedut.dk