Re: H-P Makes Small GNU/Linux Announcement

A friend of mine works for HP, in the snapfish department.  She says
they have no programmers in that division, and they haven't upgraded
or improved their web site in a couple of years.  She's a web designer
who uses a Mac.  She works with several others who use Macs, too.  She
says HP is strictly a MS operation, that they don't have any technical
support for Macs, never mind Linux.  She said she had to go to the
Apple store in Palo Alto to fix some problems with her machine at
work.  She said the Apple people were glad to help. I use snapfish
myself for getting prints.  I told her I tried ophoto, but they
require some Windows-only software (at least they did when I first
tried them, several years ago), so I went to snapfish, which works
with Linux.

That was necessary because we use Linux at home.  My father-in-law has
recently been converted from Windows to Macs.  He's now a Mac
fanatic.  When he saw our Dell, he said, Ugh!  I'll buy you a Mac!"  I
explained that although we have a Dell, we're not running Windows.
But he wants to give us a lot of Mac stuff.  He also offered to buy me
an iPhone, but I said no, since I don't really need one and I'd prefer
that he keep his money.  My father-in-law is deaf, and the community
of deaf people really hang together.  He has a life-long friend who,
before he retired, had a career fixing Windows machines.  So he was a
real Windows fanatic.  But my father-in-law (with some help from
Vista) converted him to Macs, and now he says he'd never go back.
I've also tried to get him to try Linux, but so far without success.