[News] [Rival] Asus Eee PC Has Deficient Windows XP Support (or Vice Versa)

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Asus Eee PC Has Deficient Windows XP Support (or Vice Versa)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 04:05:29 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Hands-On With the Asus Eee PC 4G Windows XP Version

,----[ Quote ]
| When we reviewed the first iteration of the Eee PC we had three main gripes:
| The webcam can't yet be used for video chats, it's not easy to load new
| applications, and there is no mobile broadband support. All three of those
| issues were solved in the Windows version of the system. We were even able to
| load Verizon Wireless' mobile broadband software and plug in a UM150 USB
| modem.
`----

http://blog.laptopmag.com/hands-on-with-the-windows-xp-version-of-the-asus-eee-pc

It's the same story with OLPC. Windows merely catches up with Linux hardware
support.

Related:

One laptop per child and open source

,----[ Quote ]