Re: [News] [Rival] Britain and OOXML: Another Possible Microsoft Corruption

____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 29 March 2008 19:07 : \____

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 29 March 2008 12:37 : \____
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> It would appear that BSI were corrupted, and it would asem that Mr
>>> Surgey and 67 Bricks were part of the process.
>>>
>>> Dr Pugh MP has already been digging into this, so presumably it won't be
>>> very long before Parliament start to make the connection between the
>>> MS/BBC iPlayer ?130 millions disaster and the corruption of BSI in order
>>> to push a Microsoft-only format as a "standard".
>>
>> Some journalists are already aware of this and information is being passed.
>> Whether the legal system works is another question...
>>

> I would think that at the very least, this will result in a total
> restructuring of BSI.  The British Standards Insitute does not exist for
> the purpose of promoting proprietary and unimplementable documentation
> as standards in order to prop up an ailing monopoly for a foreign
> company, no matter how powerful that company once was.
>
> BSI is in all kinds of trouble, now.

Let's hope the EC will put this under the 'formal investigation' umbrella.

I think that Pugh's letter may have something to do with an E-mail I sent out
some days ago.

All in all, it looks bad for Microsoft. While Fox news (and the likes of it) do
not publish the truth, what's important is that CIOs get passed this
information. They read technology sites and they become well aware of the
truth, regardless of what the public gets told by Murdock and Ilk.

An aristocrat's sexual escapades equate to Technocrat's hot RSS feed
Mem:    515500k total,   444704k used,    70796k free,     3720k buffers