Re: [News] [Rival] Britain and OOXML: Another Possible Microsoft Corruption

____/ [H]omer on Saturday 29 March 2008 16:45 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Britain will be essentially represented by a Microsoft Gold
>> | Certified Partner, having rejected OOXML several months ago. This
>> | apparently comes after a reappointment.
>> `----
>>
>> http://boycottnovell.com/2008/02/15/bsi-sends-microsoft-partner/
>
> How can this be legal? Doesn't the phrase "conflict of interests" mean
> anything any more, in a supposedly democratic society?

The key word is /supposedly/. Didn't the BBC have a former Microsoft employee
decide on who to leak taxpayers' money to (*ahem* Erik Huggers) and Nokia have
a former Microsoft employee decide on Ogg in HTML5 (open competition to
Silverlight, which Nokia soon afterwards adopted). Always look for the
insiders because Vodafone and Yahoo have them too now, and it shows!

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "How do I set my laser printer on stun?"
Mem:    515500k total,   445452k used,    70048k free,     2596k buffers