[News] US Federal Taxes Done Easily with GNU/Linux

Filing US federal taxes under Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Online tax preparation is here today for Linux users, thanks primarily to the
| power and popularity of the Firefox browser, which seems to be well-supported
| across all platforms. While I'm guessing, I suppose that the vendors believe
| it would cost them more money to include Linux as a supported platform than
| they would realize in sales to Linux users.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/130716

Web standards to the rescue. More on compatibility:

Likewise opens Windows networks to Linux, Macs

,----[ Quote ]
| Much has been said about the evils of vendor lock-in. The reality is that
| there are definite advantages to being a "Windows shop," particularly in
| terms of manageability and unified IT support. We like the idea of
| introducing Linux or Mac OS X into our companies, but it isn't always so easy
| in practice.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2008/032508-likewise-opens-windows-networks-to.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

Related:

Taxman targets Mac, Linux users

,----[ Quote ]
| A spokesperson for the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) said compatibility
| of the application would extend to the Apple Macintosh and Linux
| operating systems. E-tax has so far required taxpayers to use
| Microsoft's Windows OS.
`----

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/Taxman-targets-Mac-Linux-users/0,130061733,339274344,00.htm
http://tinyurl.com/ypytk6

TaxGeek 2006 - Your Open Source Solution to Tax Time

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://taxgeek.sourceforge.net/