[News] GNU/Linux Desktop Barriers Get Eliminated

Disruptive Technologies that Affect Desktop Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Perhaps what has given desktop Linux its biggest shot in the arm is the
| evolution of various disruptive technologies that have, by design, made
| desktop Linux adoption just that much easier.
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3736656

The random endorsement, All About Linux 2008 edition: Open Source Software

,----[ Quote ]
| Continuing with this week’s festival do Linux, I’ll be endorsing open source
| software today. Not so random, no. Only software that’s free as in freedom
| has been considered; freeware that I can’t futz around with the source code,
| not that I would know what to do, rightly, was ignored. Devastating, yes.
`----

http://www.crunchgear.com/2008/03/26/the-random-endorsement-all-about-linux-2008-edition-open-source-software/

Related:

Codeweavers, Google Brew Some Fine Wine For Desktop Linux Users

,----[ Quote ]
| Recently, Google announced that it has been providing Codeweavers with both
| developer resources and financial backing to make Wine work even better with
| some key Windows applications, the most important of which are Adobe
| Photoshop and Dragon Clearly Speaking. Adobe's Photoshop CS product line
| already works remarkably well on Linux, and Google's support is likely to
| give Codeweavers the ability to make Photoshop support a non-issue for
| companies considering a move from Windows to desktop Linux.
`----

http://www.bmighty.com/blog/main/archives/2008/03/codeweavers_goo.html

Adobe sees full shift to Web in next decade

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21359751/