Re: [News] ISO Went Titsup, 'Lost' Cuba's "NO" Vote to OOXML

____/ [H]omer on Wednesday 26 March 2008 20:39 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Cuba Votes No to OOXML - Says It Did So in September, Too - Updated
>
> Yet another exposure of serious corruption within ISO. How exactly did
> they manage to count a /no/ vote as a /yes/?
>
>> Cuba was also forced to send its comments as *gasp* Microsoft Word
>> files (yes, to ISO!), so it needed to mail it.
>
> Also I find this "requirement" to send comments in a *Word* document
> format (of all things) deeply disturbing. How much confidence can anyone
> have in the impartiality of a supposed standards body that pro-actively
> promotes and enforces the use of proprietary technology?

Oh wait! There's more coming. The whole process is a fiasco. Microsoft turned
or switched gears to "criminal mode", ISO is a Microsoft captive/zombie and
entire nations are represented by just a stack of greedy Microsoft partners.
It's more than appalling. It's outrageous, but at least it's becoming common
knowledge.

At the end of the say, this entire fiasco will hurt Microsoft badly, and not
just because of heavy EU fines.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    WARNING: /dev/null running out of space
 02:00:01 up 7 days, 14:09,  5 users,  load average: 0.49, 0.81, 1.29