Re: [News] Nobody Will Ever Implement ECMA-OOXML

____/ Mark Kent on Wednesday 26 March 2008 07:43 : \____

http://www.cxotoday.com/India/Editors_Speak/The_File_Format_Standards_Conundrum/551-87899-904.html

>> Here is the South African government against OOXML and software patents:
>>
>> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-443526201833707871&hl=en (Geraldine
>> Fraser-Moleketi)
>>

> The problem with corruption is that you just can't trust it!

What's more disturbing is that the mainstream press barely gives the corruption
any coverage [refs below]. It's too shy, maybe afraid of advertisers.

If Microsoft makes corruption the standard (or de facto standard, or norm),
then it will cease to even be coverage-worthy. Since when is the detection of
corruption the work only or low-profile regulators and not journalists who are
intended to inform the public? I think it was Dan Gilmore who last year said
that "the media lost its guts." (not exact quote)

___
Appeals Court Rules that Deceptive Conduct in Standard Setting can Violate
Antitrust Laws

http://www.consortiuminfo.org/standardsblog/article.php?story=2007090607324049

Danish Unix User Group Files Complaint With EU Commission Against Denmark For
Mandating MSOOXML

Corrupt countries were more likely to support the OOXML document format

http://www.effi.org/blog/kai-2007-09-05.en.html

Microsoft accused of more OOXML standards fiddling

Bam! Comical Creese debunks OpenDocumentFormat Alliance

http://www.noooxml.org/forum/t-41447/bam-comical-creese-debunks-opendocumentformat-alliance

Final vote at the brm - catastropic failure at BRM

http://harishpillay.livejournal.com/

Microsoft’s secretive standards orgs in Former Yugoslavia

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/092407-ooxml.html?page=1

Probe into votes on Microsoft standard

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/88e570a2-ea56-11dc-b3c9-0000779fd2ac.html?nclick_check=1

The Art of Being Mugged

http://www.robweir.com/blog/2008/03/art-of-being-mugged.html

How to Royally Annoy National Bodies

http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/2008/03/how-to-royally.html

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "My signature is never intended to be offensive"
Mem:    515500k total,   401328k used,   114172k free,     6880k buffers