[News] Savage 2 for GNU/Linux Released, Many Other Games Run in Free CrossOver

  • Subject: [News] Savage 2 for GNU/Linux Released, Many Other Games Run in Free CrossOver
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 01:14:14 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Who Says There Aren’t Games for Linux? S2 Games Announces Release of Highly
Anticipated Linux Client for Savage 2: A Tortured Soul

,----[ Quote ]
| Independent game developer S2 Games today announced the release of the highly
| anticipated Linux client for Savage 2: A Tortured Soul. Linux gamers can
| download the client and sign-up for a FREE account at www.s2games.com.
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20080325005488&newsLang=en

An introduction to CrossOver Games

,----[ Quote ]
| Supported Games
|
| World of Warcraft
| Guild Wars
| EVE Online
| Half-Life (via CD or Steam)
| Half-Life 2 and variants such as Counter-Strike (via Steam)
| Team Fortress 2
| Portal
| Call of Duty (via Steam)
| Call of Duty 2 (via Steam)
| Prey (via Steam)
| Day of Defeat (via Steam)
`----

http://wine-review.blogspot.com/2007/07/introduction-to-crossover-games.html

Linux is moving forward very quickly. Microsoft, rather than improving, has
gone a step back.

Related:

Microsoft Fails PC Gamers

,----[ Quote ]
| Is Microsoft Trying to Kill PC Gaming?
|
| In the end, it's not that Microsoft is trying to kill PC gaming, but
| their current efforts sure aren't helping things. Maybe my ideas will
| make no sense to them, or they're just plain stupid ideas, but at some
| point, Microsoft needs to "cowboy up" and get serious about this.
| Because frankly, if it wasn't for gaming, a whole lot of us would
| already have Macs, or be running Ubuntu Linux and never looking back.
|                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^
`----

http://www.dailygame.net/news/archives/006350.php

Valve questions Microsoft's commitment to PC gaming

,----[ Quote ]
| Half-Life 2 developer Valve thinks that Microsoft's current
| "Games for Windows" marketing push is a cynical ploy to sell
| more copies of Windows Vista, rather than a genuine effort to
| invigorate the PC gaming market.
`----

http://tomshardware.co.uk/2007/03/12/valve_questions_microsofts_commitment/

XP vs. Vista - A Tale of Framerate