[News] Eee PC Made Better with Full-scale KDE, OLPC XO in the USA

  • Subject: [News] Eee PC Made Better with Full-scale KDE, OLPC XO in the USA
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 13:38:36 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Xubuntu is a better Linux option for Asus Eee PC

,----[ Quote ]
| The Asus Eee PC is nice and all, but not everyone likes the Xandros OS that
| comes out of the box.
`----

http://www.htlounge.net/articles/5461/1/Xubuntu-is-a-better-Linux-option-for-Asus-Eee-PC

Asus Eee PC (Part Two): Setting up the full KDE GNU/Linux Experience

,----[ Quote ]
| By default, the Eee PC ships out with a heavily customised version of
| Xandros.
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/columns/asus_eeepc_part_two_setting_full_kde_gnu_linux_experience

XO Sightings

,----[ Quote ]
| The first appearance was when I recently flew down to southern Indiana to
| attend an annual IT advisory committee meeting. I used to drive to this
| meeting when I lived in Indianapolis, but now that we've moved to the
| northern part of the state, driving an 11-hour round trip for a two-hour
| meeting is a bit crazed. Luckily, there's a new commuter airline that gets me
| close to the university.
`----

http://blog.linuxtoday.com/blog/archives/080324-085500.html

Yesterday:

ON COMPUTERS : Tiny Asus computer great for travel, delicate hands

,----[ Quote ]
| The oddly named “Asus Eee PC” comes with the Linux operating system. This is
| the best Linux implementation we’ve seen and we like it better than Windows.
`----

http://www.nwanews.com/adg/Business/220773/

Recent:

French police deal blow to Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| The French paramilitary police force said Wednesday it is ditching Microsoft
| for the free Linux operating system, becoming one of the biggest
| administrations in the world to make the break.
`----

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5iU4Lq7tOR_WVOJLZ3IeRaIH03x6w

Federal Employment Office switches to Linux

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/102218

Nortel considers Linux desktops for its staff

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.mbtmag.com/articleXml/LN731846314.html