Re: It's not understandable why lawyers should be brought to technical meetings .. :)

____/ Doug Mentohl on Sunday 23 March 2008 14:11 : \____

> '"Even though only one member per organisation is allowed, Microsoft
> not only allowed 4 members but also members who were foreign nationals
> to discuss India's position. It's not understandable why lawyers
> should be brought to technical meetings," an ODF-backer pointed out'
>
> http://tinyurl.com/32ec3d

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/Infotech/Software/India_to_vote_against_Microsofts_OXML_against_wishes_of_IT_cos/articleshow/2885776.cms

Quite some time ago, in several countries including Malaysia, it was claimed
that Microsoft does this so that its attendants can act dumb when a legitimate
technical issue is brought up. It's a tactical thing. There are many specific
examples (some of which posted here) that I can think of.

"If you can’t make it good, at least make it look good."
                --Bill Gates, Microsoft
 15:20:02 up 4 days,  3:29,  4 users,  load average: 1.65, 2.26, 2.33