Re: [News] Microsoft's 'Virtualisation' a Case Against GNU/Linux

____/ RonB on Saturday 22 March 2008 02:28 : \____

> 7 wrote:
>
>> If SuSE is sending special codes to make their distro work
>> with micoshaft stuff, then they should divulge that information
>> to open sourcers so that other Linuxes work correctly.
>
> Like Linux users give a shit about Hyper-V in the first place. I've got
> VirtualBox. It actually works. I could use VM Ware or Xen. They actually
> work.

That's the initial reaction to the news (it was actually known a long time
ago), but Microsoft intends to preinstall its inferior product (yes, Netscape
style!), which will probably have VMWare suing Microsoft. This goes back to a
Forbes article from almost a year ago. Since some people just use 'whatever
comes with Windows', it could become an issue. A complaint out to be filed to
show that Microsoft pressures companies into unwanted protection rackets
through exclusion and NDAs or whatever.

Microsoft is still playing very dirty. It says it's trying to avoid fines, but
that's just probably a way of saying "we'll behave from now on". Promises,
promises.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Every beginning must start somewhere
Swap:  1510068k total,   548804k used,   961264k free,    79400k cached