[News] Ubuntu 8.04 Coming Soon, Early Review Talks About Major Improvement

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu 8.04 Coming Soon, Early Review Talks About Major Improvement
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 12:16:01 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
What to Expect from Ubuntu 8.04 LTS

,----[ Quote ]
| Every two years, Canonical prepares an LTS (Long Term Support) release of one
| of the best desktop Linux distributions available today. Actually, this is
| the second LTS edition of Ubuntu, the first one was 6.06 (Dapper Drake),
| released on June 1, 2006.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/What-To-Expect-From-Ubuntu-8-04-LTS-81246.shtml

Hardy Heron Alpha 6

,----[ Quote ]
| So I went ahead and decided to test this Alpha 6 version of the new 8.04
| Ubuntu release scheduled for April sometime. I have to say, this is a HUGE
| improvement over Gutsy.
`----

http://www.mylittleubuntuguide.com/2008/03/20/hardy-heron-alpha-6/

Yesterday:

Hardy Heron Beta

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardyHeron/Beta

Ubuntu gets SELinux

,----[ Quote ]
| It's official: SELinux is now available in the Ubuntu development ("Hardy
| Heron") distribution. "This is the result of the amazing work of the
| ubuntu-security and ubuntu-hardened teams, as well as the huge contributions
| from the folks at Tresys. (note: SELinux will not be the default, but is
| available as a security option.)" Installing it is a simple apt operation.
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/273992/

Related:

Hardy Heron Features