Re: [News] BECTA Allows Microsoft to Charge Money for GNU/Linux PCs, FOSS

____/ 7 on Thursday 20 March 2008 21:01 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Microsoft Tax on Linux in Schools must end says Becta
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | This relates to circumstances where schools using Microsoft?s School
>> | Agreement licensing model, are required to pay Microsoft licensing fees
>> | for computers based on Linux, or using OpenOffice.org. Finding ourselves
>> | in a position whereby a school pays (say) £169 for a device only to be
>> | faced with for example a £30 per year after year payment to Microsoft,
>> | for a system that is not running any of their software would just not be
>> | acceptable to Becta. Indeed I don?t think many people would consider
>> | that fair.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.siriusit.co.uk/myblog
> microsoft-tax-on-linux-in-schools-must-end-says-becta.html
>

> Parents, councils, OS companies, pupils, schools and teachers should sue
> BECTA$ and micoshaft corporation. They are responsible, so they may as well
> pay up. Already complaints to the EU exist over BECTA$. Micoshaft
> complaints should be filed with immediate effect to both expose the fraud
> and return money back to schools, teachers and pupils.

I don't know about lawsuits, but perhaps Microsoft could be charged and be
asked for refunds, at least for all these machines that never ran Windows. I'm
sure Microsoft has already sneaked something into the contract, in case the
issue arises.

I think it's similar to Intel's anti-AMD tactics which has them sued in several
continents.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Lions are like hippie tigers"
Swap:  1510068k total,   458276k used,  1051792k free,    72948k cached