[News] Good News to BSD Gamers, OpenBSD Overview

CrossOver for BSD systems coming soon!

,----[ Quote ]
| Today a discussion started about the availability of CrossOver for BSD
| systems on the CodeWeavers mailing list... And most of last month I was away
| on vacation and somehow missed a post made by Jeremy White the founder and
| CEO of Codeweavers announcing the availability of CrossOver Games for BSD
| systems. Jeremy also let it be known that CrossOver Office 7 will be
| supported on BSD systems as well! Below is a quote of Jeremy's announce to
| the mailing list.
`----

http://wine-review.blogspot.com/2008/05/crossover-for-bsd-systems-coming-soon.html

Puffy and the Cryptonauts: What's New in OpenBSD 4.3

,----[ Quote ]
| As usual there are a lot of improvements and new tools and features, and it
| sounds amazing that they keep delivering these results with a six month
| release cycle.
|
| Federico Biancuzzi interviewed a large group of developers to talk about the
| new networking tools (snmpd and snmpctl), the new features and scope of
| relayd (previously known as hoststated), how the configuration of carp was
| simplified, improvements in wireless drivers, storage limits and speed-ups,
| SMP support in sparc64, bug fixes and audits for some tricky coding
| practices, and much more!
`----

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2008/04/29/puffy-and-the-crytonauts-whats-new-in-openbsd-43.html

Some BSDs already have Compiz-Fusion eye candy, making them more
visually-appealing than Leopard and Vista, for example.

Recent:

OpenBSD 4.2 review

,----[ Quote ]
| Of all of the operating systems that I regularly cover, OpenBSD is the one I
| most dread reviewing. It's extremely difficult to find something new to say
| each release -- it's always the same spiel about small improvements and
| superior design. Reviews generally concentrate on how much a product has
| changed since the last release (or review). One thing that hasn't changed in
| OpenBSD, thankfully, is its outstanding release engineering.
`----

http://www.softwareinreview.com/cms/content/view/88

OpenBSD: The proverbial thrill of victory ... and the agony of defeat

,----[ Quote ]