[News] SCO Decision (Dismantling Likely) to Come Shortly

SCO's fate hangs on Unix suit outcome

,----[ Quote ]
| McBride also said Kimball's decision could affect the new reorganization plan
| SCO is preparing to file in Delaware, where the company filed for bankruptcy
| last year.
`----

http://www.sltrib.com/business/ci_9138979

SCO-Novell trial ends, judge promises decision soon

,----[ Quote ]
| The trial between The SCO Group and Novell over disputed fees involving a
| computer operating system ended today with the judge promising a decision
| soon.
`----

http://www.sltrib.com/business/ci_9133274

SCO On The Stand

,----[ Quote ]
| There are times when the jokes just seem to tell themselves.  Yesterday,
| during testimony for Novell's lawsuit against SCO to determine how much
| Novell was owed for its ownership of the Unix copyrights, none other than
| Darl McBride took the stand and said two things that will no doubt become
| fodder for .SIG files from here to eternity.
|
| [...]
|
| Fortunately, the right people were not that naive.  And now we're at a point
| where scaring people away from open source on wholly spurious grounds is so
| passe that even Microsoft is leaving it behind.
`----

http://www.sltrib.com/business/ci_9133274

That last bit is far from true. Microsoft just knows how it hide it better and
it often uses other parties to do its dirty deeds against Free software.

Novell-SCO trial now is in hands of judge

,----[ Quote ]
| Arguments this week focused on how much value to attribute to the licensed
| technology. Novell claimed that technology it controlled — several versions
| of Unix System V — was a valuable part of the SCO licensing initiative.
`----

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695275958,00.html

Related:

Did Microsoft ruin SCO?