[News] New GNU/Linux Distribution Announced, Linux Reaches 2.6.26 RC3

Announcing Exherbo!

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source is said to be about scratching your particular itches - and I've
| been working my butt off for the last several months along with a small,
| select team of developers doing just that.
|
| All our hard work have so far resulted in a very experimental linux
| distribution that's definitely not ready for users yet (or even developers)
| but does have quite a few interesting ideas and features.
`----

http://kloeri.livejournal.com/5016.html

2.6.26-rc3, "Another Week, Another -rc Release"

,----[ Quote ]
| "This time around, we have 60+% of the changes in drivers, notably
| drives/video and drivers/media, with some infiniband, networking and usb
| lovin' to fill things out," began Linux creator Linus Torvalds, announcing
| the 2.6.26-rc3 kernel.
`----

http://kerneltrap.org/Linux/2.6.26-rc3_Another_Week_Another_rc_Release

Recent:

Linux kernel developers have tripled in number

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux Foundation (LF) has published a study on Linux mainline kernel
| development. According to LF, the number of Linux kernel developers has
| tripled since 2005, with many more companies contributing to the process
| (including, potentially, the latest new LF member, Adobe).

Linux Market to Triple by 2012

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.itjungle.com/tlb/tlb031108-story07.html