Re: [News] Flash 10 for GNU/Linux Finally a First-Class Citizen

____/ Homer on Friday 16 May 2008 04:34 : \____

>> Flash Player 10: Dazzling Effects, Better Performance, Runs on Linux
>
> Have they done the 64-bit version yet?
>
> [quote]
> Adobe's Tom Barclay says "Adobe is not currently providing a 64-bit
> version of Flash Player 10."
> [/quote]
>
> Will they ever?
>
> I'm running a full 64-bit OS, including applications and games, created
> and distributed Free by a handful of unpaid volunteers, and Adobe (one
> of the world's biggest software companies) can't even rebuild a single
> little plugin for 64-bit.
>
> Shameful.

It's probably an example of how O/S monopoly hinders progress for _everyone_,
leaving everyone stuck in the stone32 ages. Why advance when there is no
competition? Does SPARC run on desktops? And Cell? Who would 'dare' to compete
with dumping/bribing/charity-killing/E-mail-shredding Chipzilla, which now
harasses NVIDIA for its lunch money?

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Switch to GNU/Linux. < http://www.getgnulinux.org/ >
Tasks: 145 total,   1 running, 144 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie