Re: [News] US Government Indifferent to Intellectual Monopoly Abuse

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

Patent Reform Act stalls in the Senate

,----[ Quote ]
| After years of heated debate and lobbying, the Patent Reform Act of 2007, | which passed in the U.S. House of Representatives and was scheduled for a | Senate vote this session, has been taken off the Senate's calendar. It can be | revived, but its momentum has effectively fizzled. | | Apparently, the Senate has better things to do with its time. `----

http://www.cnet.com/8301-13555_1-9941241-34.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Let's bet that the Microsoft appeal to the ECJ is about patents

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is appealing the decision of the European Commission over the 900M | EUR fine. Microsoft is not happy about the patent licensing terms that the | Commission has negotiated, and want to tax open source projects, such Samba | and Redhat: | | Microsoft argues that the licensing terms demanded by the EC violate its | intellectual property rights. | | Let's bet that the Microsoft appeal to the ECJ is about patents. My nose is | rarely wrong.

Let's hope that the more sensible commisioners use this as a cast iron demonstration that the pro-cii lobby ARE in fact in favour of pure software patent regime.