Re: [News] [Rival] OOXML Drives People in a 'Windows Shop' "CRAZY"

> Cranky Geeks rip OOXML
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Its also funny that the segment before this was about the April Fools pranks
>| which occurred online. I think its quite unfortunate for Microsoft that their
>| hollow victory (if its one at all) would fall on April the First. Well,
>| whether the joke's on us or not, OOXML to me will always be remembered as the
>| April Fools' Standard.
> `----
>
> http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/2008/05/cranky-geeks-ri.html

   VB: Is this the DOCX? It confused the hell out of my mom I can tell
   you.

   LU: It is driving people in the office and my office CRAZY, because
   every once in a while, a docx file shows up. Now if you want to open
   it you got to download the compatibility module for Office 2003.

   SR: And its not just DOCX too, I get people sending me PPTX. "I cant
   open this PowerPoint, could you open it and rename it, save it to
   your disk and resend it back to me so that I can open it?"

   VB: My dad installed the newest version of office on my Mom's
   computer at home, and she's not techie, but she uses Word everyday.
   And suddenly all her files were DOCX. And she was trying to open
   things, and send things to co-workers, and she just couldn't figure
   it out. ...

By the way, Dvorak's starting to look like Gary Busey or Nick Nolte.
Not quite like Al Davis, yet.

--
Gates is the ultimate programming machine. He believes everything can be
defined, examined, reduced to essentials, and rearranged into a logical