Re: [News] [Rival] Windows 7apourware is Vista-level Disaster All Over Again

____/ Homer on Friday 30 May 2008 19:40 : \____

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2008/05/windows_7_shows.html

> Extra points for use of the word "galumphed".
>
> [quote]
> If the previews are any indication, MinWin has joined BOB on the ash
> heap of Redmond's abandoned projects.
> [/quote]
>
> Not the ash heap, no. They'll stick it in the broom cupboard next to
> Singularity, and all those other worthwhile projects that won't give
> Windows the fluff and glitz they think it needs to impress people.
>
> Talking of those few areas where the Vole actually tries to produce some
> /real/ software, whatever happened to that cooperative project between
> them and Novell? Wasn't it some research lab in Cambridge, or something,
> that was supposed to produce big boxes of pure; concentrated "WOW"?
> Or did that get shut down too?

Oh, *that*? It's probably just for PR purposes (y'know the deal, EU
regulators).

4 code monkeys and dim light. Mono. Monkey. Money. Pay up already, will ya?

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Vista: Windows XP with bling-bling, nothing else
 21:00:02 up 45 days, 19:12,  4 users,  load average: 0.61, 1.88, 1.93