[News] New GNOME Released, A Look at KDE 4.1 Beta Daily

GNOME 2.22.2 Released!

,----[ Quote ]
| This is the second update to GNOME 2.22. Come and see all the bug fixing,
| all the new translations and all the updated documentation brought to
| you by the wonderful team of GNOME contributors! A lot of work has been
| done in the stable branch to make it even more solid than it was.
`----

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-announce-list/2008-May/msg00059.html

Test KDE 4.1 Beta 1 with KDE4Daily

,----[ Quote ]
| I’m primarily a GNOME user, but I was interested and followed along with the
| development of KDE 4.0. It’s time to start testing again now the KDE 4.1 Beta
| 1 has been released.
|
| KDE 4.1 is the first major feature-update to the KDE desktop environment
| since 4.0. The Plasma desktop shell has been greatly improved and can now be
| easily configured. The KWin window manager supports more fancy features,
| including wobbly windows. More KDE applications, including the KDE PIM apps,
| have been ported to KDE 4.
`----

http://tombuntu.com/index.php/2008/05/28/test-kde-41-beta-1-with-kde4daily/

Recent:

KDE4Daily - testing KDE 4.1 with daily updates

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE4Daily, a virtual machine image of KDE 4 with daily updates was released
| for KDE 4.1. This gives anyone the opportunity to test the newest KDE 4.1
| sanely inside a virtual machine.
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2008/05/27/kde4daily-testing-kde-41-with-daily-updates/

Test Latest Builds With KDE4Daily 4.1

,----[ Quote ]
| For the uninitiated, KDE4Daily aims to accomplish this goal using Qemu
| virtualisation technology (although with KDE4Daily 4.0, people kindly stepped
| up to provide a VirtualBox/ VMWare equivalent). A self-contained Qemu image
| with a Kubuntu 8.04 base and a comprehensive set of a self-compiled KDE4
| modules (all at r810996, initially) is provided, along with an updater system
| inside the VM itself. The updater downloads and installs binary updates
| provided by me to the full set of modules; these tend to be roughly 20-50MB
| each (although they will occasionally be larger), take a few minutes to
| apply, and will hopefully be pushed out daily - hence the name.
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1211789022/

Movies about KDE 4.1 Alpha

,----[ Quote ]