Re: [News] Ubuntu Not Necessarily the Best of GNU/Linux Ubuntu is riddled with bugs (was: [News] Ubuntu Not Necessarily the Best of GNU/Linux)

On Wed, 28 May 2008 03:33:33 -0400, Moshe, Goldfarb. wrote:

> On Wed, 28 May 2008 08:16:39 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>

>> Switching to Linux which distro to use, Ubuntu?
>
> Ubuntu is riddled with bugs.
> See DFS's great work here in COLA for details.

I don't know many folks who claim any particular distro is 'best'. Of
course, the immediate question is "best for what"? There is no one best
disto. There is not even a best distro for one person - I use three
regularly - for different needs. As for DooFuS's attacks - they are simply
ludicrous and need no further comment.

> The other 1000+ versions of Linux suck as well. They just suck in
> different ways.....

According to distrowatch.com there are about 360 active Linux distros -
not "1000+". Of course they all suck. All current computer operating
systems suck. Fortunately, Linux sucks much less than the main
alternative. None of them do the hardware justice.

> Linux has 0.6 percent of the desktop market.

By your count. Mine shows it much larger.

> Can 99.4 percent of the population be wrong?

Absolutely. Case in point: Ford Explorer with Firestone tires - rolls over
when there is a flat. Considering that MS comes preinstalled on virtually
every new computer, the fact that Linux exists is a tribute.