Re: Amarok amok!

On 2008-05-26, Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I use AmaroK at home and xmms at work. Less is more sometimes. There's not so
>> much you can improve and enrich when it comes to the only thing that matters
>> at the end: output (sound).
>
> Indeed.  Sometimes all you needs is the command line (mpg123 & ogg123).
>
> The nice thing about mplayer from the command line is the descriptive
> output you get.

    For something simple and to the point in the GUI I have always
liked gqmpeg. It is a shell for mpg123. With a good desktop shell,
most of what you would use the other bloated tools for is already
handled.

--

	Some people have this nutty idea that in 1997                |||
	reading to a hard disk and writing to a hard disk           / | \