[News] Asustek's GNU/Linux Desktops Are Coming Next Week

Asus to release desktop Eee PC on June 3

,----[ Quote ]
| Earlier this year, riding high on the success of its ultra-portable Eee PC,
| Asus revealed plans to launch a whole family of Eee products including a
| small form-factor desktop machine dubbed the E-DT.
`----

http://www.techspot.com/news/30191-asus-to-release-desktop-eee-pc-on-june-3.html

Linux only. Then, there are all those motherboards with Linux on them. Over ten
million to be sold per year!

How can Microsoft respond? The XP Dumping Programme at $18 apiece is available
for artificially-crippled laptops only.

Recent:

Linux is Part of Asus’s Long Term Plan

,----[ Quote ]
| Asus announced three new Linux products.
|
| I would even go so far to say that if Asus keeps up its support of Linux, it
| may be the company that is credited with bringing Linux on the desktop to the
| masses.
`----

http://www.linuxloop.com/news/2008/02/02/linux-is-part-of-asuss-long-term-plan/

Asus' little Eee 900 laptop is a big improvement over its predecessor

,----[ Quote ]
| When the original Eee PC came out last year, Asus pretty much had the
| ultra-portable laptop market to itself, and the funky little Linux machine
| was a huge hit.
|
| [...]
|
| I tested a Windows XP model to see how much it differed from the original
| Linux model.
|
| I much prefer the Linux.
`----

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/bus/ptech/stories/DN-p2techreview_16bus.ART.State.Edition1.46ae175.html