Re: [News] Tim O'Reilly on Steve Ballmer's "Penis Envy", GNU/Linux Advantage

> MicroHoo: corporate penis envy?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| My advice to Microsoft: outsource your search to Google too!
>|
>| [...]
>|
>| Fighting over search is a bit like the Free Software Foundation
>| re-implementing cat, ls, sort, and all the other Unix utilities that were
>| already available in the Berkeley distributions of Unix....

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreeBSD#History_and_development

   FreeBSD's development began in 1993 with a quickly growing,
   unofficial patchkit maintained by users of the 386BSD operating
   system. This patchkit forked from 386BSD and grew into an operating
   system taken from U.C. Berkeley's 4.3BSD-Lite (Net/2) tape with many
   386BSD components and code from the Free Software Foundation.

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Software_Foundation

   The Free Software Foundation (FSF) is a non-profit corporation
   founded by Richard Stallman on 4 October 1985 to support the free
   software movement, a copyleft-based movement which aims to promote
   the universal freedom to distribute and modify computer software
   without restriction .

Where's Tim when you need 'im?

--
Information technology and business are becoming inextricably interwoven. I
don't think anybody can talk meaningfully about one without the talking