Re: Filtering the Trolls

  • Subject: Re: Filtering the Trolls
  • From: William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 10:51:59 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Sun, 25 May 2008 06:19:25 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> ____/ none of your buisiness on Sunday 25 May 2008 05:23 : \____
>
>> here is a list of free NNTP servers that the trolls in this group use to
>> post their garbage. by adding all of these to your filtering rules for
>> this group, you can virtually have a troll-free group here.
>>
>> 1. 40tude.net  <---this is Moshe Goldfarts current nntp server
>> 2. aioe.org
>> 3. anon.mixmaster.mixmin.net
>> 4. news.astraweb.com
>> 5. read.cnntp.org
>> 6. dizum.com
>> 7. pseudo.borked.net
>> 8. easynews.com
>> 9. free.teranews.com  <---this is where most of flatfishes post
>> originate 10. googlegroups.com
>> 11. hermetix.org
>> 12. isole.net
>> 13. mixmaster.it
>> 14. registered.motzarella.org
>> 15. orange.nl
>> 16. news.easynews.com
>> 17. news.teranews.com
>>
>> this list covers most of the free (and abusable) nntp servers that the
>> trolls favor.
>
> Thanks. I didn't realise there was so many. Some of them (routes) I never
> see because I filter based on other criteria. Routes are a last resort, in
> cases of excessive nymshifting.

As I recall aioe.org banned posts to COLA because of the excessive
trolling. As for the anonymous remailers, I've had them blacklisted for a
long time. Others in the above group are also blacklisted.
It certainly cuts down the sig to noise ratio. :-)

--
Mandriva 2008.1 64-bit.
This message was sent from a