Re: [News] [Rival] Burial of Microsoft Zunes (RIP, SPOT 2.0 aka Microsoft Bob 2.0)

alt wrote:

> On Sun, 25 May 2008 07:20:14 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>

>> - From Vista to Zune: Why Microsoft Can’t Sell to Consumers
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Microsoft’s marketing of Windows Vista and the Zune have failed in
>> large part | due to the fact that Microsoft has not learned how to
>> effectively sell | consumer products. Consumers buy Windows and
>> Office, but that’s because they | have no choice, not because of the
>> company’s marketing savvy. Microsoft only | effectively markets its
>> products to businesses, which represents a very | different type of
>> sales relationship. `----
>>
>> http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2008/05/12/from-vista-to-zune-why-
> microsoft-cant-sell-to-consumers/
>
> regarding the "Consumers buy Windows and Office, but that’s because
> they have no choice...", I disagree with the former. Consumers don't
> "buy" Windows, they buy computers that have Windows preinstalled. Then
> they buy Office because they don't know any better.

In fact, I've noticed an increasing trend for new PCs to come with
Windows AND MS Office pre-installed.  The Office part is a trial
version, which lasts 30 days, and then needs to be activated for it to
continue working.  That latter (presumably) involves the usual "Now
open your wallet and repeat after me..."Please help yourself"...."