Re: [News] Amarok Gets New New Looks; Galeon Introduced

On 2008-05-21, Moshe. Goldfarb <brick.n.straw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 21 May 2008 15:54:41 -0500, JEDIDIAH wrote:

>>> New look.
>>> Same buggy program.
>>>
>>> Amarok needs a complete re-write.
>>
>> What exactly would you rewrite about it?
>
> Speed it up.

    It's already as fas as comparable programs are.

> Fix the horrible UI.

    It already has a better UI than comparable programs.

> Get rid of the bloat.

    It's no worse than comparable programs in this respect.

    If you don't want something amarok-like, you don't have to use
anything amarok-like at all.

> Fix the bugs.
> Make it handle large MP3 collections better.

    It already does that as good or better than comparable programs.

> Playlist generation.
> etc

    This sounds like a non-user indulging in Google harvesting.
--
     Apple: Because a large harddrive is for power users.
	                                                         / | \