[News] [SOT] Fraudulent Execs List Growing Very Large Very Fast

Dysfunctional executive watch

,----[ Quote ]
| Here's the first installment of Train Wreck's first recurring post:
| Dysfunctional Executive Watch. It'll show up whenever there's enough
| material. Enjoy the lunacy, and let us know if you've got something to
| report.
`----

http://www.cnet.com/8301-13555_1-9947904-34.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Busted: Eight Ex-AOL Execs Charged With Ad Revenue Fraud

,----[ Quote ]
| While four of the former executives paid off settlements with the SEC to
| escape its clutches without admitting or denying anything, four more intend
| to battle back against the Feds.
`----

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2008/05/19/busted-eight-ex-aol-execs-charged-with-ad-revenue-fraud

Perhaps -- just perhaps -- some people up there are finally cracking down on
known criminals in suits. Microsoft ought to be scared.

Earlier:

Ex-Microsoft domain buyer's sentencing in June

,----[ Quote ]
| Here's another quick scheduling note for people following the case of Carolyn
| Gudmundson, the former Microsoft domain manager who pleaded guilty to mail
| fraud after being charged with stealing money from the company.
`----

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/139309.asp?source=rss

Recent:

Former tech executive found guilty of securities fraud

| The former chairman and CEO of dot-com boom company PurchasePro.com is found
| guilty of securities fraud
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=110534412&rid=-50

BAE chief exec, director detained at US airports

,----[ Quote ]
| The company has always said that it has obeyed the law at every stage, and
| that all its dealings were sanctioned by the British government. Indeed, some
| of the Bandar payments were said to have moved via a UK Ministry of Defence
| account. (However, this was apparently an account belonging to the former
| Defence Export Services Organisation, an MoD arms-sales bureau controlled and
| partly staffed by seconded arms-industry executives rather than civil
| servants or uniformed officers.)
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/05/19/bae_ceo_step_this_way_please_sir/

EC charges Broadcom founder, gen counsel

,----[ Quote ]
| The men schemed from 1998 to 2003 to secretly backdate stock option grants,
| which forced the company to eventually restate its financial results and
| report more than $2 billion in extra compensation expenses, the SEC said in a
| statement.
`----

http://uk.reuters.com/article/technology-media-telco-SP/idUKN1451854920080515

McAfee Anti-fraud Researcher Charged With Fraud

,----[ Quote ]
| Brett Oliphant, whose title had been vice president of security services
| before the Napa, California, company was acquired by McAfee in January, is
| facing 11 counts of securities fraud in transactions that allegedly brought
| in more than US$1.215 million.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/146078/mcafee_antifraud_researcher_charged_with_fraud.html

More Hints from More Bills in the SCO Bankruptcy

,----[ Quote ]
| This bill is for $125,930.70, which represents a voluntary reduction.
| Hahahaha. 274.90 hours of financial counseling. What better for a company in
| bankruptcy? The bulk of the time was under the header "Liquidation Analysis".
| What is that? How to run through all your cash so Novell can't get any? Both
| of them have been busy as bees working on SCO's alleged new reorganization
| plan. It seems to be humming along, even if SCO isn't.

Question of law: appointment of 46 US patent judges under cloud

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.livemint.com/2008/05/06231859/Question-of-law-appointment-o.html