Re: Why I choose Mandriva

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 13:49:36 +0100, Hadron wrote:

> Terry Porter <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 18:39:43 +0100, Hadron wrote:
>>

>>> "Flatfish" is an insult Peter reserves for people of Indian descent.
>>
>> Incorrect, "Flatfish" is the identity of a Wintroll, much like you.
>
> Wintroll? I dont use Windows currently.

Not a Mactroll ?

> But unlike YOU, I DO know that
> just about all the apps you list giving Linux an advantage are also
> available on Windows.

Yeah, and the summit of Mount Everest is 'available' to those that climb
it, but few can. Few are prepared to suffer the pain and hardship to
actually achieve it.

"Available" does not always mean "achievable", no matter how you Trolls
try and spin it.

FwBuilder *is* available for Windows, but you must purchase a license.
Unless you have the money and pay the fee, FwBuilder will forever be
beyond your reach, unless you run Linux.

Getting the idea yet ?

> And the more you post the more you make yourself
> and COLA "advocates" look like clueless idiots.

Actually, this is only your opinion, and if you ever grow a brain, you
may look in the mirror one day and see an idiot.

Then and only then will you be able to learn anything and move forward.

> What on earth makes you
> think you are in any way qualified to talk about Windows when you
> maintain you havent used it since 93 or so?

You need to get your facts straight. I last *had Windows on my PC* in
August of 1997 when I switched to Linux full time. I have not used
Windows on my workstation since.

However I have had the unpleasant experience of using XP for around 12
months while working for an embedded manufacturer around 5 years ago.

I have never seen Vista, and like the majority of computer users, have no
desire to ever see it.

> Mind you, this would account
> for your total ignorance about what does and does not run on it.

Your claims of 'available' are simply misleading as shown above.

Even if you succeed in running a Linux application under Windows, you're
still stuck with Windows and all the limitations of that platform.

Windows ... which Linux application would you like to *try* and run
today ?

indeed listen to.  Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
          Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008