[News] GNU/Linux Climbs to 94% in Supercomputers

Linux shows staying power on Top500

,----[ Quote ]
| The latest list indicates growing Linux dominance. Linux is used in the top
| nine supercomputer systems in the world. When considered as the primary OS or
| part of a mixed-OS supersystem, Linux is now present in 469 of the
| supercomputer sites, 93.8% of the Top500 list.
`----

http://blogs.the451group.com/opensource/2008/11/25/linux-shows-staying-power-on-top500/

Recent:

- From the SuperComputing '08 Floor

,----[ Quote ]
| We're here at SuperComputing '08 in Austin, Texas catching up with a few
| exhibitors. If you can't be here with us, we'll bring a little of the show to
| you. We're searching the show floor for the coolest Linux stuff (besides
| Linux Journal of course) and bringing it to you.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/supercomputing-08-floor

- From the SuperComputing '08 Floor, Part 2 of 4

,----[ Quote ]
| Continuing at the SuperComputing '08 floor, Editor Shawn Powers talks with
| exhibitors about everything from spaceships to clusters to virtualization.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/supercomputing-08-floor-part-2-4

Can You Feel It?

,----[ Quote ]
| Skipping ahead, Linux HPC clusters now dominate the market. We often hear
| about the “big ones”, but many small individual or group clusters still
| exist. I believe, the rapid and disruptive growth was due to the low barriers
| to entry. You could play with “it” before you committed big resources to a
| larger system. A simple and effective “try before you buy” proposition.
`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/id/6270/

Debian GNU/Linux powers Max Planck Institute 32.8 TFlops supercomputer

,----[ Quote ]
| A team of scientists at the Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics
| have created Germany's 4th largest supercomputer by using Debian GNU/Linux.
`----

http://times.debian.net/1250-Debian-32.8-TFlops-at-Max-Planck-Institute

  End of signed message