[News] Large-scale GNU/Linux Migrations in Perspective, Recession Helps

Migrating to Linux in a business or large user environment

,----[ Quote ]
| If you try to force your own idea down their throats, ( "You're going to use
| default Gnome and like it!") All that will happen is your users will rebel
| and feel uncomfortable with what they are using.
|
| In the end, if you want to experience the full effect of using Linux and
| other open source software in your business, you have to be willing to be
| flexible.
`----

http://linuxgeeksunited.blogspot.com/2008/11/migrating-to-linux-in-business-or-large.html

Can adoption of GNU/Linux help recession?

,----[ Quote ]
| Terms like “landslide fall” have been heard in abundance this month and it is
| high time for everyone to realize that we are heading into recession (if
| we’re already not not into it). Though some might argue, that we are still
| not there, the fact of the matter is that the stock market’s performance
| resembles the mountain peaks. The picture looks gloomy for a Linux user too.
`----

http://brajeshwar.com/2008/can-adoption-of-linux-help-recession/

Related:

French police deal blow to Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| The French paramilitary police force said Wednesday it is ditching Microsoft
| for the free Linux operating system, becoming one of the biggest
| administrations in the world to make the break.
`----

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5iU4Lq7tOR_WVOJLZ3IeRaIH03x6w

Deploying KDE [and Debian] to 52 million young people

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2008/04/deploying-kde-to-52-million-young.html