[News] Ubuntu 9.04 Look-ahead, Ubuntu Weekly News

Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty Jackalope" – What to expect

,----[ Quote ]
| Being so early in the release cycle it's hard to say for certain what's going
| to be in the final version. Hopefully it kicks more goals that Intrepid Ibex
| and gives us a strong reason to upgrade.
`----

http://www.headshotgamer.com/review.aspx?id=92

Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter Issue 118

,----[ Quote ]
| Welcome to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter, Issue #118 for the week November
| 16th - November 22nd, 2008. In this issue we cover: Jaunty Jackalope Alpha 1
| released, The Ubuntu Hall of Fame, Ubuntu for the Holidays, New Community
| Developers, Ubuntu-Iranian Team Release Party, Ubuntu-Colombia to Host First
| UbuCon, Ubuntu-Zimbabwe host 1st release party, Ubuntu Presentation: Ubuntu
| Peruvian LoCo, Ubuntu Irish Team release party, Launchpad offline November
| 24th, Meet Barry Warsaw, OpenID from your Launchpad profile, Launchpad
| t-shirts, Ubuntu UK Podcast, Ubuntu Podcast #12, Linux Identity Magazine
| Covers Ubuntu 8.10, On Distributions, Kubuntu, and KDE, and much, much more!
`----

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue118

Recent:

Ubuntu Jaunty saunters into view

,----[ Quote ]
| Less than a month after the release of Ubuntu Intrepid, the first alpha
| release of Jaunty Jackalope is now out. now out. As the start of what will,
| in April next year, become Ubuntu 9.04, Jaunty jackalope is not recommended
| for anyone but the more adventurous, or those hardy souls known as
| developers.
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=3704

Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty Jackalope" Alpha 1

,----[ Quote ]
| It's arriving two days late, but the first alpha release for Ubuntu 9.04 is
| now available. While there are some updated packages, to the normal desktop
| user there really isn't much to note in the way of changes. However, to learn
| more about the features that will be introduced in future development
| releases of Ubuntu 9.04, checkout our Exciting Features For Ubuntu 9.04
| article.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ubuntu_904a1&num=1

First Ubuntu Jaunty Alpha imminent

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.tectonic.co.za/?p=3676

Exciting Features For Ubuntu 9.04

,----[ Quote ]
| If all goes according to plan, the first alpha release for Ubuntu 9.04 (the
| Jaunty Jackalope) will be released tomorrow. It's not even been one month
| since the release of Ubuntu 8.10, but this first alpha release will show
| early signs of what we can expect to see in this next Canonical-sponsored
| release -- albeit many of the features are still in planning. In this article
| we will provide a glimpse at what Ubuntu 9.04 should hold in store to
| captivate Linux desktop users.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ubuntu_904_features&num=1

Ubuntu 9.04 “Jaunty Jackalope” Mock-up Designs

,----[ Quote ]
| The next Ubuntu release codenamed "Jaunty Jackalope" won't arrive until April
| of next year, but some people are already creating mock-ups of its desktop
| theme. Though there is no plan of a theme redesign for this next version, I
| know some of you, especially those who are disappointed with the Intrepid
| Ibex theme, are still hoping to see a completely refurbished Ubuntu look.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/11/ubuntu-904-jaunty-jackalope-mock-up.html

Ubuntu 9.04 Release Schedule

,----[ Quote ]