Re: NT file usage is more complicated than on UNIX

> notepad hasn't caught up even with vim.

Comparing notepad to vim is like comparing a candle to a nuclear
reactor. Notepad is little more than a Sticky Notes application,
without the stickiness. Wordpad is a hairs-breadth better than
notepad, but frankly there simply isn't anything in Microsoft's
portfolio that's anything close to a real text editor.

There's the WYSIWYG stuff like the all-singing Word, of course,
that's bloated up to the hilt with crap designed to make Web pages
with miles of embedded; MSO-specific garbage, if someone should be
stupid enough to want to fire up that behemoth just to edit a source file.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
|  the most practical one. That point of view lasted for maybe two
|  weeks after initial exposure to Lisp."   ~ Constantine Vetoshev

 01:21:26 up 19 days,  9:04,  5 users,  load average: 0.24, 0.22, 0.18