Re: [News] Microsoft Investors Sad as Microsoft is Entering Debt

On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 04:57:44 +0000, Gregory Shearman wrote:

> On 2008-11-21, amicus_curious <ACDC@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> "Terry Porter" <linux-2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>>
>> Or maybe you folk out in the far bush struggle to get news from the
>> civilized parts of the world!  MS has been buying back stock for a
>> couple of years now with, if I recall correctly without looking it up,
>> some $40B or $50B dedicated to that purpose.  Also, they have been
>> paying dividend quarterly and paid a one-time $3 per share dividend.
>> For 10 billion shares outstanding, that was another $30B in a lump sum.
>>  It is not much of a mystery if you are actually interested.
>
> It's not called "the far bush". It's called "The Outback",
> four-wheel-drive access only. Take plenty of water or you'll die out
> there.

Aye!

> Over 90% of Australians live in cities so I doubt Terry Porter lives in
> the Outback.

Nah, it's the Northern Rivers, NSW for me.

> I also don't live in the Outback. You have to use satellite
> to get internet access out there. You *might* be able to get by with
> packet radio if you had a neighbour within a 100 kilometers or so.

Most Americans have no clue about Australia. mucus_curious needs to watch
"Quigly Down Under" ;-)

>> It is kind of amusing to see how the anti-MS crowd continues to try to
>> belittle the MS successes

I haven't seen any of those for a long, long, time. I wonder if
mucus_curious is referring to Microsoft Vista ?

>> while simultaneously whining about the unfair
>> competition.

mucus_curious is getting Linux Advocates confused with the American
Department of Justice, the old one, the one with teeth.

>>  To be effective, you are going to have to get on one side
>> of the issue or another.  Either they are chumps or they are champs,
>> figure it out and stick with it.

Colorful language, chump.

> Microsoft's successes have come through unfair competition.

Aye!

indeed listen to.  Trolls are not among those people, as trolls, more or
          Kelsey Bjarnason, C.O.L.A. 2008