Re: This is HUGE

"Chris Ahlstrom" <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:zVTUk.70940$vX2.51975@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> After takin' a swig o' grog, Ezekiel belched out
>  this bit o' wisdom:
>
>>> Sometimes you creep me out, Zeke!
>>
>> Oh Chris... I can tell already. This is going to get very interesting.
>>
>> Do I approve of this. Absolutely - and hear me out.
>>
>> <quote>
>> Just because Novell works with Microsoft doesn't justify Anivar's
>> charge.
>>
>>  <snip>
>>
>> Novell's actions have spoken louder for the record than Anivar's words.
>> </quote>
>
> Yeah, and the Trojan Horse was pretty quiet, too, until it got into the
> fortification.

Great except that the trojan horse has absolutely zero to do with this. The
issue that you brought up is this and you asked if I approve.

<quote>
And you approve of this?  "The organizers called up Kochi police and man
handled Anivar Aravind a former student of the Cochin University and a well
known free software activist."
</quote>

And the answer is a resounding YES. Do you approve or disapprove of this?

The conference was held at CUSAT which appears to be a very legitimate
university. Their web-site is here:

    http://www.cusat.ac.in/

I'm quite certain that this university doesn't make it a habit to attack
anti-Novell protesters. By several accounts the protesters stormed the
conference and started tearing down Novell posters and banners and putting
up their own anti-Novell "art work." The organizers had no choice but to
call security and have these MORONS removed.

I have yet to see anything that establishes this "Anivar" guy as a free
software activist. He sounds like some idiot who's only contribution to
free software was to disrupt a conference at a legitimate university.

So what should have they let this Anivar idiot do in your opinion? Should
they just stood there and let him destroy and deface the property of
others?

I have no doubt that "Anivar" and his fellow idiots had strong intentions
of creating a disturbance in order to give their protest some visibility.