[News] Ubuntu/GNOME Looks Discussed, Shown

What the Next Theme for Ubuntu Should (and Should Not) Be

,----[ Quote ]
| Anytime the theme or artwork of Ubuntu is discussed, the discussion seems to
| turn automatically to brown vs. other colors. I don’t see brown as being the
| problem, though, so let me explain what I would like to see in future Ubuntu
| themes.
`----

http://www.linuxloop.com/news/2008/11/15/what-the-next-theme-for-ubuntu-should-and-should-not-be/

101 High Quality Ubuntu Wallpapers

,----[ Quote ]
| Some months back we Posted some Cool Apple High Quality Wallpapers and 200
| Firefox Wallpapers. Now here we are posting Ubuntu Wallpapers. All the
| Wallpapers are High Quality Wallpapers, these wallpapers are coolected from
| some of the best resources from Intenet. So Hurry enjoy these Wallpapers and
| Download it in your Desktop.
`----

http://www.technobuzz.net/101-ubuntu-wallpapers/

Customizing Ubuntu to provide stunning looks

,----[ Quote ]
| But luckily I came across a great site called “www.art.gnome.org” which
| contains tons of themes for the gnome desktop. There is a section
| called “Desktop Themes” which contains so many options. I quickly found out
| that there are so many things you configure in your desktop
| like “Application” or “Control”, “Window Border”, “Icons”, “Login
| Manager”, “GTK Engines” etc. By making use of these themes you can customize
| the look and feel of your Ubuntu desktop much like how you configure firefox
| with various themes.
`----

http://jamesselvakumar.wordpress.com/2008/11/15/customizing-ubuntu-to-provide-stunning-looks/

Recent:

Ubuntu 9.04 “Jaunty Jackalope” Mock-up Designs

,----[ Quote ]
| The next Ubuntu release codenamed "Jaunty Jackalope" won't arrive until April
| of next year, but some people are already creating mock-ups of its desktop
| theme. Though there is no plan of a theme redesign for this next version, I
| know some of you, especially those who are disappointed with the Intrepid
| Ibex theme, are still hoping to see a completely refurbished Ubuntu look.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/11/ubuntu-904-jaunty-jackalope-mock-up.html

10 Beautiful Themes for Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex

,----[ Quote ]
| The upcoming release of Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex) is highly anticipated not
| only for the system enhancements it will likely get, but also for its new
| default theme. The visual refresh is a long time coming, so I expect the
| Ubuntu artwork team is cooking something good for all of us.
|
| The October release date of Ubuntu 8.10 is fast approaching, yet until now,
| we don’t know exactly what the finished product will look like. I don’t want
| to make any guesses, instead, I decided to collect 10 beautiful existing GTK
| 2.x themes that I think can be further improved or altered and be used as the
| default desktop theme for Intrepid Ibex. Enjoy!
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/08/10-beautiful-themes-for-ubuntu-intrepid.html

10 Most Beautiful Plasma Themes for KDE 4 Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| The latest series of the K Desktop Environment now utilizes Plasma, a new
| desktop and panel user interface tool that aims for a more functional,
| user-friendly, and sleek KDE desktop. Plasma also supports Dashboard-like
| widgets called plasmoids.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/08/10-most-beautiful-plasma-themes-for-kde.html

20 beautiful dark themes for Gnome and Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| Some weeks ago, I shown you a list of 30 themes for enhancing your Gnome
| desktop. Many readers loved the dark themes from this list, so here’s a new
| list of 20 dark and absolutely beautiful themes for your Gnome desktop.
`----

http://www.catswhocode.com/blog/featured/20-beautiful-dark-themes-for-gnome-and-ubuntu-418

4 Linux Distros Which Look Like Mac OS X

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.internetling.com/2008/08/18/4-linux-distros-which-look-like-mac-os-x/