[News] Review of Fedora 10 (Preview), Look Ahead of RHEL 5.3 (Beta)

A Geek Chick's Peek at Fedora 10 "Preview"

,----[ Quote ]
| There are still a lot of new features that I have to see for myself. This is
| just to give everyone an idea of what's with the upcoming Fedora 10. And, I
| can say that this is a Linux distro worth waiting for. Being a Fedora user, I
| am pretty excited on what it can do and what I can do with it for the coming
| days/months or even years.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/11/geek-chicks-peek-at-fedora-10-preview.html

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.3b adds to virtualization

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.3 (RHEL 5.3) beta has been launched by Red Hat
| Inc. with claims that the companies adopting this shall be able to virtualise
| out-sized and complex operations with appealing ease. For beginners, RHEL 5.3
| beta offers virtualization to run on larger systems with additional memory
| and with more guests per host. There have been significant improvements in
| this release, enabling enhancements in features such as clustering, file
| systems, hardware driver support and virtualization. It will also facilitate
| the intricate applications to link with disk storage and network support
| devices.
`----

http://brajeshwar.com/2008/red-hat-enterprise-linux-53b-adds-to-virtualization/

Recent:

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.3 beta boosts virtualization capabilities

,----[ Quote ]
| Raleigh, N.C.-based Red Hat Inc. has introduced the beta of  Red Hat
| Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5.3, which includes improvements in virtualization,
| clustering and file systems, along with support for the latest hardware
| drivers.
`----

http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid39_gci1337731,00.html

Red Hat releases beta of Enterprise Linux 5.3

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat has released the beta version of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5.3
| to download via the Red Hat Network. The beta shows that the upcoming third
| collection of updates for RHEL5 will again add numerous bug fixes as well
| including some extended functionality to the corporate focused Linux.
`----

http://www.heise-online.co.uk/news/Red-Hat-releases-beta-of-Enterprise-Linux-5-3--/111817

Red Hat: Crisis to boost open source

,----[ Quote ]
| The global economic crisis would provide a boost for open source software,
| Red Hat chief executive Jim Whitehurst claimed during a visit to Sydney this
| week.
|
| Whitehurst, who stopped over down under as part of a tour of the Asia-Pacific
| region, said in an interview with ZDNet Asia's sister site ZDNet Australia
| that the crisis would cause companies to consolidate their technology
| infrastructure and reduce spending.
`----

http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/software/0,39044164,62047208,00.htm

No Recession at Red Hat

,----[ Quote ]
| It is flattering to be mentioned, Mr. Whitehurst said, but he noted that
| corporate customers and the industry benefit from what he called Red
| Hat’s “Switzerland status” — not being a province of one of the major powers
| in the technology industry.
`----

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/03/27/no-recession-at-red-hat/

Microsoft sees slide in profits

Red Hat Exchange Doubles Quarterly Bookings, Boosts Zimbra and MySQL

,----[ Quote ]
| The VAR Guy thought Red Hat Exchange — an online store the software company
| launched last year — would be an overnight hit. It wasn’t. But after some
| tinkering, Red Hat Exchange (RHX) seems to be taking off — and giving
| partners like MySQL and Zimbra a lift as well. In fact, the site’s bookings
| doubled in Red Hat’s most recent quarter, The VAR Guy has learned. Here’s how
| Red Hat got RHX on track.
`----

http://www.thevarguy.com/2008/10/17/red-hat-exchange-doubles-quarterly-bookings-boosts-zimbra-and-mysql/

Red Hat promises next generation open source virtualisation technology

,----[ Quote ]
| Contrary to some perceptions that open source businesses are unprofitable,
| Red Hat has achieved significant earnings in this area, according to Gery
| Messer, president of Red Hat Asia Pacific.
|
| “About 85 per cent of Red Hat’s revenue comes from our subscription-based
| services,” Messer said. “Services like consulting, training and certification
| account for the remaining 15 per cent of our earnings.”
`----

http://mis-asia.com/news/articles/red-hat-promises-next-generation-open-source-virtualisation-technology

Red Hat Upgrades JBoss, JON for Enterprise SOA

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.idevnews.com/IntegrationNews.asp?ID=806