[News] A Look at Ubuntu Ultimate Edition 2.0, Mint 6 RC, SystemRescueCD 1.1.1

Ultimate Edition 2.0, a Revamped Ubuntu 8.10

,----[ Quote ]
| TheeMahn, the man behind the Ultimate Edition, a popular Linux distribution
| based on Ubuntu, announced a couple of days ago the 2.0 release of his open
| source operating system. Being built off Ubuntu 8.10 (Intrepid Ibex) by hand,
| Ultimate Edition 2.0 is the most awaited and the most complete GNU/Linux
| operating system to date.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Ultimate-Edition-2-0-a-Revamped-Ubuntu-8-10-97845.shtml

First Release Candidate of Linux Mint 6 Is Out

,----[ Quote ]
| Clement Lefebvre and the Linux Mint community proudly announced last night,
| on the official Linux Mint Blog, the first release candidate of Linux Mint 6
| (dubbed Felicia), which will be followed by a second one in about two weeks.
| However, if everything goes well with the testing of this first development
| release, they will prepare a stable version of Linux Mint 6, instead of a
| second RC. And, as promised, the x64 edition will be released shortly after
| the launch of the x86 edition.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/First-Release-Candidate-of-Linux-Mint-6-Is-Out-97581.shtml

SystemRescueCD 1.1.1 Introduces Support for Ralink Wireless USB Adaptors

,----[ Quote ]
| A new version of the SystemRescueCD is out and it brings important updates
| for various packages, new network drivers, the most awaited rt73 firmware for
| Wireless USB adaptors powered by the Ralink chipset, and a handful of bug
| fixes.
|
| A day after the release of SystemRescueCD 1.1.1 on November 10th, the
| development team also announced the first beta of the upcoming 1.1.2 release,
| which adds a new filesystem backup tool called FSArchiver.
`----

http://news.softpedia.com/news/SystemRescueCD-1-1-1-Introduces-Support-for-Ralink-Wireless-USB-Adaptors-97774.shtml
http://tinyurl.com/69qb3s

Recent: