[News] Effective GNU/Linux Advocacy is Action

Help Spread Linux… Don’t Preach It!

,----[ Quote ]
| Long story short, the lesson seems to be that waving something in someone’s
| face is more likely to come off as rude and nagging, instead of capturing
| their interest as you hope to do. While trying to spread the perks of Linuxis
| a totally legitimate and an encouraged pursuit, one can’t expect to have too
| much luck with it by decking passers-by in the street with LiveCDs and
| harassing colleagues with stories of how perfect Linux is and pouncing to
| point out Vista’s flaws every time they encounter UAC asking for their
| permission to do something.
`----

http://hehe2.net/advocacy/help-spread-linux-without-preaching-it/

"The government is not trying to destroy Microsoft, it’s simply seeking to
compel Microsoft to obey the law. It’s quite revealing that Mr. Gates equates
the two."

                                --Government official

Recent:

Linux For The Masses? Bet On This Winner.

,----[ Quote ]
| With Linux on the desktop going from a slow crawl to verging on an explosion,
| many have toiled with the question: How do we make this happen faster? A
| well-known Austin-based Linux Advocate thinks he has the answer.

Who Fouled My Carpet...?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://blog.lobby4linux.com/index.php?/archives/436-Who-Fouled-My-Carpet....html