[News] A Look at KDE4 Applications and Plasma

KDE4 apps: Dolphin

,----[ Quote ]
| Dolphin is the default file manager for KDE4. It is very powerful, offering
| many functionalities. The developers have focused on the functionality of
| Dolphin - being a file manager. As a long-time user, I can say it is a very
| proud substitute for its older brother, Konqueror (the default file manager
| for KDE3).
`----

http://polishlinux.org/kde/kde4-apps-dolphin/

Plasma: I'm back

,----[ Quote ]
| Plasma is, among other things, the new way of building your desktop, it works
| using Plasmoids, those Plasmoids are similar to Gadgets or Widgets. Plasmoids
| are contained by... well... containments, this relantionship it's the secret
| of its flexibility. The Desktop (image background) is a containment, you can
| put as many plasmoids as you want, those can create a normal interface
| showing your /desktop files, or you can put clocks, stocks viewers, media
| controls, pictures, etc. However, the panel is a cointenment too, you can
| place your Plasmoids in your desktop or in the panel, Plasmoids will change
| their layout to match correctly their new containment.
`----

http://introducingkde4.blogspot.com/2008/11/plasma.html

KDE4 looks yummy in these screenshots. Better than Mac OS X. :-)

Recent:

KDE 4.1.2 Release Announcement

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE Community Improves Desktop with KDE 4.1.2 Codenamed "Codename"
|
| KDE Community Ships Second Translation and Service Release of the 4.1 Free
| Desktop, Containing Numerous Bugfixes, Performance Improvements and
| Translation Updates
`----

http://kde.org/announcements/announce-4.1.2.php

KDE4 - Making computers fun again.

,----[ Quote ]
| The cool part was last night when one of them (who is not very technically
| minded at all) turned to me and said, "Dad, guess what? I figured out
| widgets. They are SO cool!". It's the first time I recall her excited about
| something she could do on the computer. Dad thinks that is "SO cool".
|
| Kubuntu Intrepid - Teenager Ready
`----

http://www.kitterman.org/ScottK/2008/10/kubuntu_intrepid_teenager_read.html

Mom-compatible Kubuntu Intrepid with KDE4

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://amarok.kde.org/blog/archives/819-Mom-compatible-Kubuntu-Intrepid-with-KDE4.html