Re: Get to know the Wintrolls!

Verily I say unto thee, that Peter Köhlmann spake thusly:
> Hadron wrote:

>> I'm here to show the world that being a Linux user and advocate
>> does not mean you have to hold a personal vendetta against Bill
>> Gates, MS or Bulmer

You misspelled "self-defence".

Or perhaps you believe Microsoft should just be allowed to attack others
with complete impunity; like they did to Mandriva in Nigeria or the OLPC
charity. How exactly /should/ we treat gangsters who threaten to fucking
kill people; knife babies; tip things into the death spiral; and cut off
our air supply? How should we see a company that makes veiled threats of
"undisclosed balance sheet liabilities"; makes unsubstantiated libellous
claims of patent infringements; and describes Linux as a "cancer"? Maybe
we should just /ignore/ the fact that Microsoft are a bunch of gangsters
running a racketeering operation with secret MoUs; government "lobbying"
and all manner of other bribes elsewhere - which they use as a matter of
standard business procedure.

Expressing outrage against these gangsters is a "vendetta", in precisely
the same way that sentencing criminals to prison is a "vendetta". But to
someone who supports those gangsters, I can see why you'd call it that.

> or tell untold lies.

You mean the "untold lies" documented by the US DOJ and the EU antitrust
investigators?

Here's a few:

http://antitrust.slated.org/www.iowaconsumercase.org/index.html
http://www.groklaw.net/staticpages/index.php?page=GatesDepo
http://www.catb.org/~esr/halloween/
http://www.groklaw.net/staticpages/index.php?page=2005010107100653
http://www.grokdoc.net/index.php/Dirty_Tricks_history
http://www.technologyevangelist.com/2007/02/microsoft_dirty_tric_4.html
http://www.vanwensveen.nl/rants/microsoft/IhateMS_5.html
http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/article4472654.ece

So in that litany of Microsoft's crimes, which of them are "lies"?

Is this the point where you stick your fingers in your ears and sing "La
la la"? Are you blind; stupid; delusional; or just totally bereft of any
moral backbone whatsoever?

> Just the same as Erik Funkenbusch.

Worse.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
|  the most practical one. That point of view lasted for maybe two
|  weeks after initial exposure to Lisp."   ~ Constantine Vetoshev

 01:22:36 up 8 days,  9:05,  4 users,  load average: 0.18, 0.21, 0.13