[News] Survey Shows Enterprises Moving to FOSS

Enterprises eye open source and Web 2.0

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat and Ubuntu continued to lead in open source operating system usage,
| while users continued to prefer evaluating on Windows and deploying on Linux.
`----

http://www.itpro.co.uk/608133/enterprises-eye-open-source-and-web-2-0

Alfresco study highlights business use of open source

,----[ Quote ]
| Alfresco found that, while nearly two-thirds of respondents said they
| evaluated its software on Windows, 92 per cent do not use or intend to use
| Silverlight. Eighty-six per cent do not use or intend to use .NET/Web Parts.
`----

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2230310/ecm-customers-opt-mixed-stack

Levolor leverages Talend to better manage floods of data

,----[ Quote ]
| "Everything is going very well," he says. "We right now have moved all but
| one of our non-critical jobs over into Talend.... We're moving forward as
| quickly as we can but carefully at the same time. Essentially we started with
| some smaller jobs on Talend's job server to make sure we understood the
| migration path and anything that we would run into.... We've gotten to the
| point that we feel comfortable, everything's progressing forward. We feel
| comfortable with that."
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/152271

Recent:

Free But Unsecured

,----[ Quote ]
| According to a survey by CIO.com in April, 53% of respondents have actively
| deployed open-source applications within their organizations, and an
| additional 10% are looking to follow suit within the next year. Of those
| respondents who actively use open source, 62% believe Linux is ready for
| wide-scale use in mission-critical systems.
`----

http://www.processor.com/editorial/article.asp?article=articles%2Fp3041%2F33p41%2F33p41%2F33p41.asp&guid=&searchtype=&WordList=&bJumpTo=True

Why Open Source is hot now?

,----[ Quote ]