[News] RMS World Tour in America, Asia

Events:RMS visit to Bangalore

,----[ Quote ]
| Richard.M.Stallman (RMS), the founder of Free Software Foundation, will be in
| Bangalore from 12th to 14th (tentative) December 2008. Following this, FSUG
| Bangalore along with RV College of Engineering has plans to organize a set of
| events and would like to hear from Free Software enthusiasts around in
| Bangalore about various possibilities of their participation during this
| occasion. Christ College and BMS College of Engineering are also shown
| interests in organizing a set of events. Since RMS already visited BMS in
| 2006, meeting decided to skip BMS this time.
`----

http://bangalore.gnu.org.in/index.php/Events:RMS_visit_to_Bangalore

Richard Stallman in Costa Rica

,----[ Quote ]
| The best known GNU/Linux hacker Richard Stallman was in Costa Rica since
| October 12th until October 13th, 2007. He spoke about the “free software”,
| the GNU project and the work of the Free Software Foundation.
`----

http://www.wahil.net/news/richard-stallman-in-costa-rica

Recent:

Avoiding Ruinous Compromises

,----[ Quote ]
| The free software movement aims for a social change: to make all software
| free so that all software users are free and can be part of a community of
| cooperation. Every non-free program gives its developer unjust power over the
| users. Our goal is to put an end to that injustice.
|
| [...]
|
| It's no use going faster by taking the wrong road. Compromise is essential to
| achieve a large goal, but beware of compromises that lead away from the goal.
`----

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/compromise.html

Richard Stallman looks back at 25 years of the GNU project

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/147983