[News] Many New FOSS Releases: ImpressCMS, AbilityNet, GroundWork Monitor

ImpressCMS's Award-Winning Platform Receives An Upgrade

,----[ Quote ]
| With the release of version 1.1 of its content management system in late
| October, ImpressCMS has capped off an exciting year that would be the envy of
| almost any open source project.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2008/11/impresscmss_awa.html

AbilityNet Releasing Collection of Open Source Accessibility Tools

,----[ Quote ]
| The UK-based charity AbilityNet announced today that it has bundled a number
| of open source tools to help people with a variety of disabilities more
| effectively use their computers.
|
| The bundled applications are available for £16.99 including VAT (to cover
| costs of testing and distribution), and appear to be Windows only (though
| it's difficult to root out system requirements). The included software is
| designed to help those with a number of different needs, including dyslexia,
| visual impairments, and some physical disabilities.
`----

http://ostatic.com/176893-blog/abilitynet-releasing-collection-of-open-source-accessibility-tools

GroundWork Announces GroundWork Monitor 5.3 Pre-Release for Open Source
Community Trial and Testing

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/GroundWork-Announces-GroundWork-Monitor-53/story.aspx?guid=%7B62D61DFF-C80F-460B-A6C4-17FE58592AB5%7D

OrecX Expands Open Source VoIP Call Recording Via New Open API, Speech
Analytics For Call Centers

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20081112005323&newsLang=en

Recent:

Open-source innovation in a recession

,----[ Quote ]
| Nat Torkington over at O'Reilly suggests that a recession will be very kind
| to open source as companies seek to lower their IT costs while continuing to
| service business needs.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13505_3-10063147-16.html

Hard Times: Open Source's New Big Test

,----[ Quote ]
| Grim financial times are not "ahead"; they're here, now. Belt-tightening and
| budget-butchering across the board are the order of the day. Now's the time
| for commercial vendors of open source to show what they're made of: if they
| can weather this, they can weather anything.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2008/10/hard_times_open.html

Open source is about belief in code

,----[ Quote ]