[News] New NVIDIA Driver Released for Linux

NVIDIA Releases 177.82 Linux Driver

,----[ Quote ]
| NVIDIA had released their 177.80 display driver more than a month ago, but
| arriving today is a point release update to this binary Linux driver. The
| NVIDIA 177.82 driver adds support for several new GPUs, a mobile power
| management fix, a mobile hot-key switching fix, and a Firefox 3.0 image
| corruption issue. The new ASICs supported in the NVIDIA 177.82 driver include
| the Quadro NVS 450, Quadro FX 370 LP, Quadro FX 5800, Quadro FX 4800, Quadro
| FX 470, and Quadro CX.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Njg0Nw

Recent:

NVIDIA 177.80 Display Driver

,----[ Quote ]
| For those using NVIDIA graphics on Linux, Solaris, or FreeBSD operating
| systems, head on over to the NVIDIA UNIX Portal to download the latest driver
| release. The FreeBSD and Solaris drivers ship with a similar set of changes.
| NVIDIA's two legacy drivers -- the 1.0-71xx and 1.0-9xx series -- have yet to
| be updated with support for X.Org 7.4, Linux 2.6.27, or any of these new
| bug-fixes.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=nvidia_17780&num=1

NVIDIA 177.76 Display Driver

,----[ Quote ]
| Last month we saw the release of the NVIDIA 177.67 Linux driver along with
| the 177.67 beta driver, and a 177.70 driver. In the fourth NVIDIA Linux
| driver release in under a month's time, the 177.76 display driver has been
| released. This too looks like another beta driver with more fixes in store
| for those with GeForce or Quadro hardware owners.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=nvidia_17776&num=1

The Multi-Seat Display Manager

,----[ Quote ]