[News] Libre Video Editing on GNU/Linux

Free/Open-source Video Editing Software

,----[ Quote ]
| A software application which handles the editing of video sequences on a
| computer is called video editing software. It can also handle limited editing
| of the audio clips which accompany the video or at least the ability to sync
| the audio with the video.
`----

http://www.junauza.com/2008/02/freeopen-source-video-editing-software.html

Recent:

Open Movie Editor: Linux Video Editor with Plot Twists

,----[ Quote ]
| Open Movie Editor is available via the repositories for a number of
| distributions. It's important to note, though, that installing the editor in
| this manner doesn't pull in all of the filter effects that it supports, nor
| does it necessarily integrate all of the codecs it can potentially work with.
| Open Movie Editor uses LAME and ffmpeg for its encoding and decoding tasks.
| It also uses the Frei0r Video Effect Plugin Standard, and source tarballs and
| binary packages of these plugins are available from the Frei0r website.
`----

http://ostatic.com/175593-blog/open-movie-editor-linux-video-editor-with-plot-twists

Open Source Video Editing

,----[ Quote ]
| What about the Linux user? Is there a comparable product that can allow a
| Linux desktop user to edit and produce video. There is and it's called Kino.
| Kino is a non-linear digital video editor for Gnu/Linux and it's a very good
| product. I've used it on Fedora, Centos and most recently Ubuntu.
`----

http://www.itworld.com/open-source/55976/open-source-video-editing

If it's animation or special effects, it's Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Rowe's not just being a Linux booster. It's the Gospel truth. The animation
| and FX for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull; Star Wars: The
| Clone Wars; WALL-E; 300; The Golden Compass; Harry Potter and the Order of
| the Phoenix; and I Am Legend, to name but a few recent movies, were all
| created using Pixar's RenderMan and Autodesk Maya running on Linux clusters.
`----

http://blogs.computerworld.com/if_its_animation_or_special_effects_its_linux

Video Editing on Linux :: It can be a real joy!

,----[ Quote ]
| So in short, I totally rate Cinelerra as the best video editing app on Linux.
| The feature set is powerful, the effects are plentiful and the general usage
| is a dream. Yes it took me a little while to get to grips with but now I say
| with great confidence,
`----

http://www.progbox.co.uk/wordpress/?p=541

Cinelerra is very easy - 3/3

,----[ Quote ]
| As a film trilogy, on this howto we'll finish our dvd foto album with
| cinelerra. As you can see cinelerra is very powerfull, without 3d transitions
| ( for now ), but with an user interface that can make everythings possible.
| But on this tutorial we'll can see "only" all step to make our dvd.
`----

http://project.akirad.net/node/15

Cinelerra community forks the video editor

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/126441

`----